Monday, June 8, 2015

GENERAL FEATURES OF SKIN DISEASES

GENERAL FEATURES OF SKIN DISEASES

Asked Point :-
Intrinsic causes of skin disease - Atopic dermatitis, Pityriasia alba, Seborrhoeic dermatitis.
Chemical agents causing dermatitis by local irritation- Rubber, X rays, lime
Dermatitis may be clinical manifestation of deficiency of - Biotin, niacin, pyridoxine
MC occupational disease - Dermatosis
Spongiosis seen in - Acute eczema
Characteristic Finding of Eczema - Lichenification
Dermatosis Papulosis Nigra - Seborrheic keratosis
Cayenne pepper spots - Dermatosis
Fordycee’s spots in oral cavity arise from- Sebaceous gland
Fordycee spot - Ectopic sebaceous gland found in healthy people
Fordycee spot mainly involve - Lip > buccal mucosa
Exposure to sunlight can precipitate - Discoid lupus erythematosus
Chloroquine is indicated in treatment of - DLE
Severe in rainy season and improved completely in winter - Insect bite allergy
Morbilliform eruption is seen in - Rubella, measles
Hives and wheels caused by - Cold, hepatitis C, serum sickness
Pruritis is NOT seen in - Pemphigus
A young boy with rashes on web spaces and penis - Lichen nitidus
Calcifying epithelioma - Dermatofibroma
Recurrent oral ulcers with pain and erythematous halo around them - Aphthous ulcer
Cayenne pepper strippling due to hemosiderin is found in - Plasma cell balanitis of zoon
Keratoderma seen in - Pityriasis rubra pilaris, Reiter syndrome
Veldt sore is common in - Deserts
Change seen in Poikiloderma - Atrophy, Telangiectasia, Pigmentary changes
MC site of felon - Thumb

Boil can NOT occur at - Palm
Treatment of erythematous skin rash with multiple pus lakes in a pregnant woman - Corticosteroids
Itchy exudative lesions on face, palms and soles, siblings also have similar complaints. treatment of choice in such patient - Systemic ampicillin
Drug of choice of Chronic folliculitis - Cloxacillin
NOT a keratolytic agent - Zinc oxide
PUVA therapy is indicated in - Psoriasis, Vitiligo, Atopic dermatitis
Dermabrasion is contraindicated on - Eyelids, Pyoderma skin infection, Skin with severe radiation dermatitis, Basal cell carcinoma
Harrison Points :-
Greasy yellowish scale is associated with - Seborrhoeic dermatitis
Primary skin lesion - Plaque - > 1 cm flat topped seen in psoriasis and exfoliative dermatitis, tumor - > 5 cm solid
Secondary skin lesion - Scale – excessive accumulation of stratum corneum
Annular means - ring
Herpetiform means - Grouped

Milia - Small, firm papules with keratin
Nummular - Coin

Spongiosis means - Intercellular edema of epidermis
Winter itch is also known as - Asteatotic eczema, Xerotic eczema
Sign of Leser Trelat - Seborrhoeic keratosis
Pentasomida - Tongue worm

Discoid lupus erythematosus - Also known as chronic cutaneous lupus erythematosus, hyperkeratosis, follicular plugging, atrophy
Erythematous papule with central punctum - Insect bite
Firm red to brown nodule that shows dimpling of overlying skin with lateral compression - Dermatofibroma
Diascopy - Skin blanch with pressure or not
Additional Points :-
Dermatitis that occur due to plant derived phytophotoxic substance - Phytophotodermatitis
Red dermatographism is seen in - Seborrheic dermatitis
MC form of seborrheic dermatitis affecting trunk - Petaloid
Cradle cap - Infantile seborrhoeic dermatitis
Cyanne pepper appearance on diascopy - Discoid lupus erythematous
Predominant acral eruptions are seen in - RMSF, secondary syphilis, erythema multiforme
Lichen sclerosis - Atrophy of epidermis with dermal fibrosis
Diascopy is useful in - Lupus vulgaris, cutaneous vasculitis, nevus anemicus
Crystal used in microdermal abrasion - Aluminium oxide
Commonly used depilating agent- Thioglycolate


VITILIGO

PITYRIASIS ALBA

MACULES

PAPULES

SEBORRHOEIC DERMATITIS

ACUTE ECZEMA

4 comments:

  1. Seborrheic Keratosis Herbal Treatment  with apple cider vinegar has helped individual treat their seborrheic keratosis growths. Try soaking a cotton ball in undiluted apple cider vinegar, and then pressing against the growth. A Band-Aid or bandage will come in handy for keeping the cotton ball in place. Not everyone will experience the same type of results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing health

    ReplyDelete
  3. The researchers are hoping that this work will lead to treatments that can be used with those suffering post traumatic stress syndrome or nightmares. CBD for sleep

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been diagnosed with HIV/Aids 3 years ago and I've became denial at first for a year but later I accepted it and I'm living with depression i have used different type of antiviral drugs and injections and i still have the virus in side of me and wish for permanent cure so I struggled to keep healthy.and I've been very stressed lately I slept with a guy a month ago without a condom I always protected my self but this time he took the condom out without me noticing I became so scared knowing my status and I can't live with my self knowing that I infected one another person I told him that he should take p.e.p anti virus he said no he is clean there is no need unless I know I'm not clean I was so scared not ready to tell him following day took me to his doctor for me to come he is clean he tested in front of me n I fogged my result sent him someone else's result with my name I regret it and I'm scared don't know how to tell him I'm scared can't live with my self knowing that I did what I did after protecting all the guys I've been with for so long it;s about a day for me to tell him that I'm HIV positive I came across testimony of a lady cured of HIV from Dr James herbal mix, I picked up interest and contacted the same Dr James, told him my problems and he asked me some few questions and then said I should send him money to prepare the powerful herbal medicine for HIV and send to me I did,2 days later he courier the herbal mixed medicine to me through DHL and I received the medicine in 3 days. I drank the medicine morning and night as he prescribed for me for 3 weeks and I was cured, I couldn't believe it that HIV/Aids has a permanent cure and I would be cured of HIV/aids when many said there is no cure for the deadly virus. Dr James powerful herbal mix cured me and I recommended him to my friend Gomez who pulled off his condom and had unprotected sex with me, and he was cured too with the same remedy from Dr James herbal mix
    Thanks to Dr James herbal mix and his powerful herbal exploit. At least his treatment cured me of HIV/AIDS completely. Hopefully it will be helpful for you as it happened with me. Dr. James herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same HIV/AIDS or any type of human illness, including Backache, Back pain, Lower back pain, Herpes, Hepatitis, Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts, Muscular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Autism, Lung disease. Enlarged prostate, Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis, Lupus, Backache, dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / LOTTERY.CONTACT EMAIL : drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com......Whatsapp +2348152855846

    ReplyDelete